Tuesday, June 17, 2008

3. 1/100 scale RX-79(G) Complete!




Alright I admit I was really excited to paint my MG kit. I couldn’t wait to get spray cans, and I knew that I had a couple jars of mini Taimya acrylic paint downstairs. I went threw the kit and I found One useable colour. A flat red. So i busted out the MG Model kit that i keep glairing at, and thinking about. I pulled the two packages of sprews that had red peaces out of the kit, grabbed a fine tip paintbrush, and cracked open the bottle of flat red paint and began my mission.

The paintjob consisted of the parts for the Gundams feet all parts for which were on one sprew and parts for the Gundams head. So i hand brushed the parts and took some pictures.

The pictures arnt THAT good. My room isnt white, so my pictures have a yellow tintish to them.

Anyway here is the pre paint preparation.





Here is the feet spew. I like painting with this acrylic paint, once shaken it almost has a water type base to the texture. So the paint goes on nicely to the shiney Gundams plastic.




This sprew contains a few peaces for the Gundams head. It was a little tricky getting into the corners of these peaces but after a few strokes I managed to fully cover the peaces thoroughly.








So in the end i was pretty satisfied with how the red parts turned out. I didn’t think they looked too bad. I’m curious how the rest of the peaces will turn out once i get a few cans of paint, and I am ready to paint the rest of the peaces for this Gundam.

~COMPLETE!~

Painting finished, lining completed, laminate coat completed, assembly finished. I even put some of the decals that came with the kit on.. I must admit it looks pretty bad freaking ass. I actually watched the 08th MS Team series and as far as action goes, its pretty intense. Good story line that keeps you very much interested. But anyways..

The kit is completed. :D My first 1/100 scale MG model. So I have now completed 3 models to date. I’m hopping to go out and purchase at least one more MG kit before the end of the month, and perhaps one or two more 1/144 scale kits because there fun to assemble as well.

As for the RX-79.. I will post up some pictures tomorrow morning.

~Edit~
June-17-08 @ 10:34PM: So I actualy didnt get a chance to post pictures till tonight, because i was out today and i picked up a model Qubeley. MG 1/100 scale kit. I also orderd the MG 1/100 scale Strike Gundam I.W.S.B. that should be here by the weekend.

Here are the pictures of my first MG kit.





No comments: